Friday, September 19, 2008

.11 Cents!?

What can you buy for .11 Cents? Not Much! You need .12 for a .10 cent candy? So I guess what is the value of .11 cents? To a 6 year old it is worth more than a million bucks! I know it sounds weird but let me explain.
Jacksen is part of the Lost boys club which includes all the boys, except Mom because she is a girl and she was gone. The Lost boys were at Wal-Mart shopping and Jacksen had to buy a water jug so he could water the flowers. Why? I know not? Anyway Jacksen had $1.50 to buy something, he bought the jug and was proudly walking out of Wal-mart with his jug and he had some change left over. (.43 cents to be exact). As the Lost boys and I were walking to the car I looked back and Jacksen was no where to be found. I waited with the other Lost Boys and a few seconds later, here came Jacksen with his Purple Water Jug and his head hung low and a tear in his eye. I said "Jacksen are you okay?" He said "Dad I lost .11 cents" I was thinking in my mind whoopty doo! .11 cents who cares. But I had a rare Father moment and I waited until he stopped crying and then I started the van with Jacksen still crying and I drove over to the sidewalk where Jacksen lost his money. I stopped and I got out with Jacksen and Trajan and we started combing the sidewalk for .11 cents. I found the penny right off and in the darkness I finally spotted the dime. I motioned to Jacksen to come over and claim his Dime. He rushed over and he was the happiest kid on the whole planet. He whoopt and hollered and carried on just as if he found a million dollars. He put his prize in his pocket and we started home, and he said "Dad thanks for stopping!" I guess I learned a "valuable" lesson his .11 cents was worth every penny?

1 comment:

Jessica Littlefield said...

That boy is so obsessed with numbers, it scares me what he'll do when he grows up!