Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Tribute to a Man who was a friend to me!


When I heard that Kenny Goulding had died, I was sad to hear this, he was a friend to me. He was a friend throughout my life. One of my first memories was riding in a Swather with him cutting hay, my Mom said I used to fall asleep in the cab with him, I don't remember ever doing that. When I was 9 or 10 I named a Kitten "Kenny Goulding", it was Black. I had that cat for a few years. I thought it was pretty cool to tell everyone that the name of my cat was Kenny Goulding. I remember basketball games that he was there and he seemed to always sit on the stage by my Grandpa Joe. When I first met Joanne she would always sit behind the team bench and as 12 or 13 year old I would always say hi. I think I even bummed money for a treat. I think she got used to that because she always had a dollar handy when I would come around. I miss her still, she was a good lady and a good friend. When Kenny sang in the Country Bumpkins Band I would take Joanne and dance with her. She taught me how to dance a little bit. As to Kenny I will miss those hay cutting days and the basketball games.
Here are some excerpts from the Obituary and the link. http://www.thespectrum.com/article/20081117/OBITUARIES/304/1023/NEWS17
Kenneth (Kenny) Edwin Goulding, Jr. slipped quietly and peacefully away on November 15, 2008, due to complications with ongoing health concerns. Kenny was born on August 31, 1936, to Kenneth Edwin and Elsie Quilter Middleton Goulding. He was a lifelong resident of Henrieville, Utah, where he learned the trade of ranching and farming while working long days side by side with his father. Kenny loved and valued every moment of this lifestyle. Kenny was looked up to by siblings and friends a like, he loved and participated in sports and music during his school years. He was self taught on the guitar, he played and sang at many types of functions alone and with the "Country Bumpkins" band.
Until we meet again my friend. I wish I was there for the funeral today.

No comments: